Reading comprehension – Pre-intermediateComplete the sentences with one word according to the content of the text.
Ever since humans have inhabited the earth, they have made use of various forms of communication. Generally, this expression of thoughts and feelings has been in the form of oral speech. When there is a language barrier communication is accomplished through sign language in which motions stand for letters, words, and ideas. Tourists, the deaf and the mute have had to resort to this form of expression. Many of these symbols of whole words are very picturesque and exact and can be used internationally, spelling, however, cannot.
Body language transmits the idea of thoughts by certain actions, either intentionally or unintentionally. A wink can be a way of flirting or indicating that the party is only joking. A nod signifies approval, while shaking the head indicates a negative reaction.
Other forms of nonlinguistic language can be found in Braille (a system of raised dots read with the fingertips), signal flags, Morse code, and smoke signals. Road maps and picture signs also guide, warn, and instruct people.1. Since the beginning of human history has been the most common form of communication.
2. In case we are prevented from speaking we use to express our thoughts and feelings.
3. People who can’t or use sign language.
4. Sign language can be used and understood in many .
5. Body language shows what you think or feel even if you don’t it.
6. A shows that the speaker is not serious.
7. Moving your head up and down means that you with what you have heard.
8. In Braille raised dots are used instead of .